Tarvos has closed. -- Thank you for the fun memories. ×

Hi! I'm Sparrow

Sparrow

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself to the community. 

My name is Thanks, I'm a Dutch fulltime journalist, looking to play on a really promising server. I prefer the nickname Thanks or Thanks_again ingame.
People refer to me as a Minecraft veteran, because I joined around the release of the Pistons. I remember the first video's showing you could make automated bridges that rebuilt themselves, and thinking to myself, wow... This game really has it all.

Hiatus

I haven't been playing Minecraft non-stop though, I stopped playing for a very long time. Mostly due to university and finding a job. I felt I outgrown the game, while still enjoying some content on YouTube. As soon as Hermitcraft season 7 kicked in, that all so familiar Minecraft itch came back. I fired up the game and found that playing in my own survival world, was not a challenge to me. While learning about amazing builders on Hermitcraft, I thought to myself: 'I could do that'. 

Getting back into the game

Yet it took me quite a while to get back into the game. Only a month ago I actually started building again. I uploaded most of my builds since then to this IMGUR gallery. If you feel like checking it out, feel free to leave me some feedback below this thread! I discovered the replay mod and am learning how to use it now. It might be a little overkill in this gallery though *cough*.

My past

I have owned a few servers in the past. I know how timeconsuming setting up a server can be. I think setting up servers is what got me my tech-savvy mind. I enjoy learning new skills on the computer. Creating logo's for my Minecraft servers taught me how to use Photoshop. Marketing a server taught me how to make gif's. (Yes, im from back when there were maybe three top-minecraft lists online. Voting was a real thing, but vote rewards were not commonplace yet. You stood out with your server by making a gif banner!)

Why I joined Tarvos

I decided to join Tarvos to meet some like-minded people, and to hopefully showcase my building techniques. I enjoy playing with a big community, and am really interested in the new proposed gamemodes. If theres a way to be a part of that, I'm sure as heck going to take it. That's why I recently applied as a builder! Wish me luck!

What about you?

What made you start playing Minecraft? Was it the creative aspect, or was it the community? Who was the first YouTuber you watched? Let me know down below!

Edited by Thanks
  • Like 1

Welcome @Thanks, it's great to have you onboard! Sweet intro!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to meet you, Melt! What started me playing Minecraft was probably the Youtuber's I watched playing it. They were all so deep into their game experiences, and having so much fun with each other I suppose you could say it just called me. I have to say that both the communities and creative aspect of Minecraft make it what I enjoy. Minecraft truly wouldn't be Minecraft without its communities. I'm not actually sure what Youtuber I watched, as it was most likely when I was five years old. Cool introduction, good to know!

• Like 1

-Des

9 hours ago, desmond_bear82 said:

Nice to meet you, Melt! What started me playing Minecraft was probably the Youtuber's I watched playing it.

I still watch Etho and the Hermits play. It makes my day. I used to like Captain Sparkles a lot :)

• Like 1

I also very much still like Etho and the Hermits as well. They are always so full of energy and it inspires me to build bigger better things with more detail, although its slightly embarrassing to say so. 

• Like 1

-Des

7 hours ago, desmond_bear82 said:

I also very much still like Etho and the Hermits as well. They are always so full of energy and it inspires me to build bigger better things with more detail, although its slightly embarrassing to  say so. 

Why would that be embarassing? I get inspired by Grian, GoodTimesWithScar and Bdubs to build better. They are what got me back into the game :)

Hermitcraft was definitely an inspiration to keep playing minecraft! Although what initially got me into minecraft was the technical side! I used to watch sethbling and ethos contraptions. Absolutely insane! Also playing on the website was basically 2b2t except everyone was in creative mode lol

Edited by Jeremy
  • Like 1
@EventHandler
void onPlayerLeave(PlayerLeaveEvent event){
	Player player = event.getPlayer();
  	event.setCancelled(true);
  	player.playSound(player.getLocation, "SwordArtOnlineTheme.ogg", 1, 1)
}

Tester since 12/01/2020
Junior Developer since 12/27/2020
Developer since 06/21/2021

The reason it may be embarrassing is because I suck at building, lol.

-Des

• Tarvos Staff | Founder Ryko changed the title to Hi! I'm Sparrow